Saturday, April 10, 2010
The Philippines, as one of the member states of United Nations and a signatory to the Convention of Biological Diversity (CBD), declares 2010 as the National Year of Biodiversity (NYB). We take advantage of the NYB to promote public awareness on biodiversity and its importance to national development, highlight local initiatives on biodiversity conservation, encourage the public to protect and conserve the country’s biodiversity, and elicit public participation in the celebration of the NYB 2010.
The Department of Environment and Natural Resources-Protected Area and Wildlife Bureau (DENR-PAWB) is launching the Philippine Biodiversity Conservation logo-making contest to coincide with the celebration of the International Year of Biodiversity. It is a celebration of life on earth and the value of biodiversity in our life.
Mechanics, Rules and Regulations
1. The contest is open to individuals 21 years old and below.
2. The contest duration is from January 2010 to May 7, 2010.
3. Participants may SUBMIT ONLY ONE (1) ENTRY.
4. Entries should be in digitized format (at least 600 dpi with a file extension of .jpg) or freehand illustration or drawing. Final artworks should fit in an 8x10 short bond paper. There are no restrictions in the number of colors used. The logo should not carry the name of the artist.
5. The Logo must INTERPRET AND DEPICT the richness of Philippine biodiversity, the benefits it brings to humans and how we can conserve and protect them. The logo can also include a slogan/message for Philippine biodiversity.
A one-page rationale describing the components of the logo should also be included in the email entry.
6. All entries must be sent to:
Protected Areas and Wildlife Bureau
Ninoy Aquino Parks and Wildlife Center
North Avenue, Diliman, Quezon City
Or e-mailed to:
planning(AT)pawb.gov.ph or at biodiversity2010(AT)yahoo.com on or before May 7, 2010, together with the contestant’s basic information (name/institution/address/contact number).
7. The design of the logo must be certified original and/or officially submitted by the participant. Any complaints that may arise due to similarities, likeness or comparison of the design would be the accountability of the participant and would be responsible to prove its authenticity.
8. The logo-making competition shall be judged according to the following criteria:
Concept/Message - 40%
Originality - 30%
Impact - 30%
9. The winning entry will be declared by the Protected Areas and Wildlife Bureau (PAWB) and will serve as the official logo for Philippine Biodiversity Conservation. The decision of the judges is final.
10.The winner shall be informed through email and telephone call from a designated PAWB staff.
11. Awarding of the entry shall be on May 22, 2010 (International Day for Biodiversity). One winner shall be chosen and shall receive a certificate and cash price.
12.All entries submitted as entry for the contest shall be considered as property of DENR-PAWB, and maybe used by the Bureau. Likewise, submitted entries will be featured in the Bureau’s IEC such as but not limited to publications, advertisements, exhibits and other printed or digital media.
For further inquiries, you may call the Nature Recreation and Extension Division, Protected Areas and Wildlife Bureau (NRED-PAWB) at 925-8951or e-mail us at biodiversity2010(AT)yahoo.com.